Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's Zumba!

Just in case you're wondering what I am up to lately and what makes me feel good everyday...do you know? Blame it on Zumba!

Zumba is a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. Zumba classes are offered through licensed instructors in more than 60,000 fitness center locations in 105 countries and seven-and-a-half million participants.[1] DVDs are also available for learning at home. Classes and instructional DVDs use music based on salsamerenguecumbiareggaeton, samba and other international music styles and forms.  The Zumba program is recognized by the America's leading fitness educators, including the Aerobic Fitness Association of AmericaIDEA Health and Fitness Association, and the American Council on Exercise.[2]  ***(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)




I'm currently on my 2nd week now and guys, trust me this is really fun. You don't have to worry  if you have two left feet, the video will show you how to do the basic steps for all kinds of music be it salsa, reggaeton or even merengue- my favorite! Currently, Zumba is a major hit in other countries, I just hope that they can offer it soon in Philippines. Although I have read it in girltalk that Gold's gym now offers Zumba classes I am not so sure though.  For now, I am doing my workout by watching  their videos, I was able to get a copy of Zumba Fitness' Total Body Transformation System DVD.



How bout you, what type of work out do you do to keep your body in shape?
For you guys who loves to dance, then I highly recommend you to try this...so what are you waiting for? Let's Zumba!

Sweet day to you all!
Pink Chinadoll ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Where can I buy the video of the Zumba. That would be a great alternative for jogging. Yes.jogging you read it right. I'm doing that on weekends and I think I'll try Zumba and what is great is I won't leave the house anymore. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try jogging but I don't have the strength and endurance to jog for more than 15 minutes! hahaha...wimpy me :( Instead, I've tried Hip Hop Abs at first it was okay but after a week of doing it, it's kinda boring...so I tried Zumba, unlike Hip Hop Abs, zumba is more fun and easy...and it makes me sweat like a pig! hahaha.

    You can get a copy of their video at Amazon.com but they're a bit pricey. But I got mine from a site...and i downloaded the torrent wehehe. You may want to try to visit demonoid.com this is where i downloaded the vid and it has a dvd quality too. =) Join me Sey, and let's Zumba! (sorry, i love saying it over and over again hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds fun! maybe i'll try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Collyn,

    Thank you again for the Zumba CD. I haven't checked it when I got home last night but I'll definitely use it this weekend. I enjoyed doing Zumba watching & copying the steps in Youtube, imagine my sweat doing it at 3pm when I was on GY shift...tagaktak ang pawis. I was able to do it 3 times last week and it felt good, really good ...naks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh... I wanna try it... but I really can't dance... well, I used to dance but now I wonder what happened...

    I am also wondering if I need to burn "fat" pa... hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete

PinkChinadoll's bookshelf: read

Up to Me
Wallbanger
Wanted
The Secret of Ella and Micha
The Marriage Mistake
The Marriage Trap
Fallen Too Far
Unlikely Allies
Ride with Me
Graffiti Moon
Teach Me
Almost
Graffiti Moon
Love's Rhythm
The Edge of Never
My Life Next Door
Hopeless
The Marriage Bargain
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Losing It


PinkChinadoll's favorite books »