Saturday, April 10, 2010

Loving the weekend. Time to chillax


Whenever I feel stressed out and want to chillax, I always look for a comfy chair, grab some red tea and read a good book.  I love reading books because it is a way for me to escape all the buzz and stress in the real world; reading takes my imagination to the next level, it takes me to different places and explore. For those who loves to day dream like me, I encourage you to read, read and read. 

So far the best urban fantasy novel I ever read is a trilogy called The Mortal Instrument by Cassanda Clare. Special thanks to Rosse for introducing me to this book. The series introduces us to the world of shadowhunters and downworlders. The series is way different from Stephanie Meyer's -- Twilight Saga. The book is funny, action packed, full of adventure and of course there is also R-O-M-A-N-C-E. Theseries consist of 3 books: City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass. The fourth installment entitled City of Fallen Angels is set to release around March 2011.

I think I'll be reading the series again later today....this entry is making me read the series all over again...I'll post more book reviews soon....or maybe I'll post a review on each of the book in the series so that you'll get to know more of the characters and I'm sure you're going to love them sooo much...you might even love them more than Edward and Bella..hah! =) 

 Sweet Day to ya'll
 ~Miss PinkChinadoll

5 comments:

  1. awwwwww....good for yah....am not really fond on reading books....lol! but I love reading true to life stories....:)

    Thanks for coming by on my kitchen...great to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you still find a time to chillax. Nice post! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo agreeee....ummm in everything u said hehe. About chillin' out, about loving d mortals trilogy more than d twilight saga....etc!

    "A book is like a garden carried in the pocket". ~Chinese Proverb

    Mwah!! miz yah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...perfect time to chillax...3 days off!!! see you later pretty chinadoll:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwww....good for yah....am not really fond on reading books....lol! but I love reading true to life stories....:)

    Thanks for coming by on my kitchen...great to be here!

    ReplyDelete

PinkChinadoll's bookshelf: read

Up to Me
Wallbanger
Wanted
The Secret of Ella and Micha
The Marriage Mistake
The Marriage Trap
Fallen Too Far
Unlikely Allies
Ride with Me
Graffiti Moon
Teach Me
Almost
Graffiti Moon
Love's Rhythm
The Edge of Never
My Life Next Door
Hopeless
The Marriage Bargain
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Losing It


PinkChinadoll's favorite books »